Call Anytime

+ 1 (314) 780-9370


Jones Notary LLC

Apostille Service

Apostille Facilitation Services

Do you have a document you need to use outside the U.S.?
You will need to have the document(s) Apostilled. The only office that can officially Apostille a document is the Secretary Of State or Department of State. Your document may need to be legalized. This is a more complex process.

The process can be overwhelming and complicated and the cost are unique to each order. Let Jones Notary Apostille and/or legalize your document on your behalf.

Any question?

An Apostille, ( a-pos-TEE, French for certification),is a certificate that authenticates the signature of a document. Apostilles are issued by the Secretary of State where the document originated. The Apostille verifies the authenticity of a public official’s signature and seal. Depending on the country of destination, a document that is intended for international use may need either an Apostille or Legalization. Without these certifications, your document may not be recongnized in a foreign country.

In 1961  various countries entered into the Hague Convention.

* If the country of destination is not a member of the 1961 Hague Convention, Embassy Legalization must be obtained.

* If the country of destination is a part of the 1961 Hague Convention, it will need to be notarized and then Apostilled by the Secretary of State.

  1. Going to school in another country
  2. Getting married in another country
  3. Power of Attorney for someone in another country
  4. Background checks
  5. Adopting a child in another country
  6. Teaching abroad

This applies to birth certificates, marriage certificates, and or death certificates. These documents can not be Apostilled or legalized unless they are ORIGINALS. Copies will NOT be accepted. If you need to order a certified copy go to

Please note:
Death certificates must be state issued.

Apostille Request Form

Get in touch

Looking Forward to Being of Service